It is the mission of Faith Academy to offer quality Christian education in a safe, clean and orderly environment. Faith Academy seeks to enroll average ability students from primarily middle class socio-economic level. We believe that children have a right to a sound, Christian education. Faith Academy provides a learning center for students with special learning handicaps, as well as honors classes for gifted learners. Faith Academy endeavors to provide for our students’ spiritual, artistic, athletic, social and personal needs through our daily school program and extracurricular activities.
Statement of Beliefs
- Faith Academy is a ministry to which each and every person on staff is called by God. The students are entrusted to us by God.
- Every student is given the opportunity to receive Jesus as his Lord and Savior. This decision will come freely and truthfully from the student’s heart. Each person must believe for himself, be baptized for himself, obey for himself and answer to his Savior for himself.
- Student learning is a priority for our school. Academics are integrated with a Christian world view.
- All students can learn in a safe environment in which God is a primary focus.
- Each student is a valued, unique individual and should feel loved.
- A Christian school, through dedicated, well-trained Christian teachers, should instill Christian principles in all students.
- Teachers, staff, administrators, parents, students and community members share responsibility of guiding students to become good citizens.
- Cultural diversity can increase students’ understanding of different peoples and cultures.
- Clear goals and high expectations for student achievement guide the development of a Christian curriculum and the design of instructional strategies and learning activities.
- Assessments and evaluations of student learning should provide students with a variety of opportunities to demonstrate their achievement of the expectations of their learning.
- Students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches to support their learning.
- Exceptional students require special services and resources.
- Community outreach allows students to put into practice the spiritual principles encouraged at Faith Academy.
- The commitment to continuous improvement is imperative if our school is to enable students to become confident, self-directed lifelong learners.